Do you know how to fix a laptop that smells like it’s burning? This article will provide a detailed explanation of this topic. Read it thoroughly so you don’t miss anything!
Laptop computers can frequently overheat, but in a small percentage of cases, the laptop can overheat to the point of burning. When you set up and use your laptop, there is a chance of it emitting a burning smell.
This burning smell is mostly caused by excess heat. In this blog, we are going to discuss the ways in which you can prevent your laptop from emitting that burning smell. This blog outlines the steps to follow in order to fix a laptop that smells like it’s burning.
How to Fix a Laptop that Smells Like it’s Burning (STEPS)
Have you ever smelled something burning in your home? It is the worst thing that happens when your house gets heated up and everything is burning, but do you know what causes it?
It is the smell of burning which is created by the plastic and rubber parts of the laptop. It is not easy to fix it and it can damage your laptop if not fixed on time. So, if you are looking for a solution, then read this post till the end.
So, what is this smell?
If you have a laptop, then you might have noticed a burning smell in your laptop. It is created by the plastic or rubber parts of your laptop and it does not smell good at all. But why does it happen?
What is the reason behind this smell?
When the laptop gets heated up it releases toxic gases which cause this smell. The toxic gases are created due to the combustion of the plastic parts of the laptop. These gases contain formaldehyde, benzene, toluene, xylene, ethylbenzene, and other harmful chemicals.
Most people don’t know how to fix a laptop that smells like it’s burning. I have seen a lot of people asking me this question and I thought it would be better if I share my experience and guide on how to fix a laptop that smells like it’s burning. This is one of the most common problems faced by many people.
Check Out this post to about amazoiong Kodi Add-On: Disney Junior Addon on Kodi
Why does the laptop smell like it’s burning?
The fumes are created when the laptop gets heated up. This is one of the reasons why it smells like it’s burning. The other reason is that the battery is also heating up when you use it. You can fix the smell by replacing the battery or cleaning it with a cloth.
So, the laptop has to be replaced if you notice that the smell is too much and it is not easy to fix it. You can use an air purifier to remove the smell.
How To Fix The Burning Smell
If you are facing the same problem, then don’t panic, I will guide you through the best steps.
- Check the battery- If you find that the battery is dead, then charge it with the charger. If it is still not charging, then replace the battery. Remove the battery from the laptop and place it in a plastic bag. You should also remove the hard drive of the laptop.
- Check the motherboard- Check the motherboard with the help of an ohmmeter. If the resistance is high, then replace the motherboard. If it is low, then don’t worry, it will work fine.
- Clean the laptop- Clean the laptop from time to time to remove dust and other debris. You can use any cleaning solution to clean the laptop. You can even use a cloth to wipe the laptop.
- Replace the fans- The fans are responsible for cooling your laptop. If they are old, then you need to replace them with new ones.
- Clean the case- Clean the case of the laptop by removing the dust, dirt, and any other things that are stuck on it.
- Change the air filter- Change the air filter by removing it and cleaning it.
- Clean the keyboard- Clean the keyboard by removing all the dust, dirt, and any other things that are stuck on it.
- Clean the fan- Clean the fan by wiping it with a dry cloth.
- Clean the screen- Clean the screen by removing the dust, dirt, and anything that is stuck on it. For example, RTX 3070 monitor screen is delicate and one should always clean it with microfiber cloths.
There are many ways to fix a laptop that smells like it’s burning. The methods listed above are very easy and should provide you with a quick solution. Now that you know how to fix a laptop that smells like it’s burning there is no reason not to try it.
In this post, I have shared with you how to fix a laptop that smells like it’s burning. If you have any other queries related to this topic then you can ask them in the comment section. I will try to answer your queries as soon as possible.
Thank you for reading!