Entertainment is pretty much synonymous with Netflix these days. If you are on the go, you can even watch Netflix on your phone by downloading the app. What if you are trying to impress a date, though? You probably have the best Spectrum tv packages, a big-screen TV, and a Netflix subscription.
A recipe for the perfect date. The only thing missing from your Netflix and chill is that you don’t know how to cast Netflix to your TV.
Well, to be fair, that is not a good excuse to ruin your date. So it would be wise to know how to cast Netflix on your TV. There are many different ways you can do that. Even if you don’t have a Smart TV or a Chromecast, you can still do it. One of these methods is surely going to work for you. Here is how you can do it.
Chromecast is a great tool to cast Netflix to your TV. A lot of the TVs these days come with built-in Chromecast settings. If yours doesn’t, you will need to invest in a Chromecast dongle.
The device is super convenient if you screen movies for your friends or watch home videos with your family. It really is a great way to bring people together, in front of the TV.
So, if you want to use Chromecast, here is what you need to do:
- Check if your TV has a built-in Chromecast feature.
- Get the Chromecast dongle if your TV doesn’t have it.
- Plug the dongle into the HDMI port of your TV.
- Set up Chromecast from Google Home app.
- Download the Netflix app on your phone.
- Connect both devices (TV and phone) with the same internet connection.
- Open the Netflix app on your phone.
- Find the cast button on the top right corner of your screen.
- Select Chromecast from the list of devices.
- Choose the movie you want to play.
All Chromecast devices can support 4K and HD videos along with subtitles. You will need a minimum of Android 5.0 or iOS 12.0 to cast to your TV. Once your phone starts casting to your TV, you can practically use it as a remote. The stream will continue playing even if you lock your phone screen.
A really common technology these days is a Smart TV. A Smart TV is the least surprising gadget you can own as there are smart toasters and ovens as well now. If you have a smart TV, casting Netflix can be a lot easier.
You don’t need any external devices such as Chromecast. Most of the time, you won’t even need your phone. Most smart TVs have a built-in Netflix app that you can download. Here is how you can do it:
- Connect your Smart TV to a wireless internet connection.
- Go to the app center on your TV and search for Netflix.
- Download the app on your smart TV.
- Log in with your Netflix credentials.
- Search for the movie or show you want to watch.
The smart TV built-in app can easily play any show you want to watch without any external devices. Usually, the biggest screen in any home is a TV, and a smart one can be a great investment.
Casting Without a Smart TV
If you do not have a Smart TV, all hope is not lost. You can still use other ways to Cast Netflix to your TV. Here are a few options you can try:
1. Using a Gaming Console
If you don’t have a Smart TV but have an Xbox or a PlayStation, you can still cast Netflix to your TV. There are built-in apps in gaming consoles, and you can connect the console with your TV screen. Follow these steps:
- Download the Netflix app on your gaming console.
- Connect your TV and console via an HDMI cable.
- Search for your favorite TV show or movie.
- Press play.
2. Using Your Laptop
If nothing else works, you can use your laptop. You don’t need Chromecast, your phone, a smart TV, or even a gaming console. The bare minimum here is your computer and a TV that has an HDMI port. Here is what you should do:
- Open the Netflix website on your computer.
- Connect your laptop to your TV with an HDMI cable.
- Use your laptop screen to sour laptop screen to search and play a movie.
Your laptop screen will be visible as it is on your TV. You can mirror the screen for anything you like, for example, a downloaded movie or a presentation, etc.
Tips to Remember
If you are trying to cast Netflix on your TV using any of the ways mentioned above, there are some tips you should remember.
- Make sure that both your devices are on the same internet connection.
- Check all cables and internet speeds.
- Get the Chromecast Ultra or Netflix Premium for an HD experience.
- Check your devices for software requirements and update them if necessary.
- Don’t forget to have fun!